Nicotine, an essay-memoir, by Gregor Hens, published by Other Press, with a foreword by Will Self.
Nicotine, an essay-memoir, by Gregor Hens, published by Fitzcarraldo Editions, with a foreword by Will Self.
Dance by the Canal, a literary novella, by Kerstin Hensel, published by Peirene Press.
Locomotion, an illustrated history of locomotives, by Golden Cosmos, published by Nobrow Press.
Made on Earth, a semi-fictional educational book on the life-cycle of clothes and globalisation, by Wolfgang Korn, published by Bloomsbury.
Wild Animals of the North, an illustrated book about animals, by Dieter Braun, published by Flying Eye Books.
2 poems by Magdalena Schrefel, Young, Fresh and Relevant Magazine
Der Kulterer (1974). Dir. Vojtěch Jasný.
- Translator from German into English of contemporary fiction, non-fiction, children’s and young adults’ literature; poetry; essays on arts and culture; interviews; and film subtitles.
- Member of the Translators’ Association (Society of Authors). Endorsed by the Goethe-Institut London. MA German Studies, UCL (Merit, 2012).
- Translator in Residence, British Library (2017-2018); Translator in Residence, Austrian Cultural Forum London (2015-2017).
- Speaker, lecturer, columnist and workshop leader on literary translation for the British Library, Tate Modern, the Wellcome Collection, Oxford Brookes University, Nottingham Literature Festival.
- Consultant for German-language and translated literature for English PEN, Arts Council England, Penguin Random House,
Granta/Portobello, Fitzcarraldo Editions.
- Acting Editor (4 issues), New Books in German; Translation and Reviews Editor, 12 Swiss Books.
Sample Translations (1-9,000 words)
Stockholm Review: Alkemi - Readings of European Literature
Goethe-Institut Abu Dhabi / Italian Cultural Institute Cairo
Young, Fresh and Relevant Magazine, Issue 3
Crime fiction and the literary field in Germany: An overview
Blue Planet: Motion, Space, and Imaginative Culture in Ocean Travel Narratives from the Late-Nineteenth to the Twentieth Century
Rachael Carson Centre for Environmental and Society, University of Munich